“Transform to perform”
Imerys, the world leader in mineral specialties for industry:
The world leader in mineral-based specialties for industry, Imerys transforms a large variety of minerals into high value specialty products for the industry using sophisticated technical processes. Bringing heat resistance, mechanical strength, conductivity, coverage or barrier effect, these specialties add essential features to its customers’ products or manufacturing processes in many industries such as consumer goods, industrial equipment and construction.
A market driven organization with *:
- 16 000+ employees
- 250 industrial sites in 50+ countries
- 8 main R&D centers – 25 regional laboratories – 400 scientists and technicians
- 4 business groups
- M€ 4 087 in annual sales
* 2015 figures
Imerys is organized into four business groups, centered on clearly identified markets.
- Energy Solutions & Specialties (31% of Group’s consolidated revenue)
- Filtration & Performance Additives (26%)
- Ceramic Materials (28%)
- High Resistance Minerals (15%)
Energy Solutions & Specialties
A Business Group with a wide extensive range of high-quality mineral reserves.
With expertise in all the techniques needed to convert minerals, it also offers a diverse range of products that meet the specific requirements of the industries served.
The business group is made up of the following 4 activities:
- Monolithic Refractories
- Graphite & Carbon
- Oilfield Solutions
Front-rank market positions
- Minerals for breathable polymer films
- Ground calcium carbonate (GCC) for paper
- Alumino-silicate monolithic refractories
- Graphite for alkaline batteries
- Conductive additives for Li-Ion batteries
- Lubricants for seamless tube protection
- Large natural graphite flakes